Material published in The Galveston County Daily News newspaper and on GalvNews.com, including articles, photos, graphics and other content, is copyrighted by The Daily News and by other information providers who have licensed their content to The Daily News. You may not reproduce, republish or redistribute this material without the written permission of The Daily News.
The Daily News receives frequent requests for republishing articles and photos. If the request is for noncommercial purposes and meets the other rules established by The Daily News, we will grant these requests.
Linking to Online Articles
You may publish an excerpt from a newspaper article, of no more than three paragraphs of your choosing, along with full credit to The Galveston County Daily News and a link to the full-text article on GalvNews.com. This practice applies to text only; similar "excerpts" of visual images (i.e. photographs) may not be used. A link to an article without the excerpt is also permitted.
The credit line at the top of the article must be a hypertext link back to The Daily News Web site at www.galvnews.com. Under the credit line must be the date when the article was originally published in The Daily News print or web editions.
Print Publication Terms
Permission for print publication is granted only for non-commercial use of material from The Daily News, which means that you are not reselling the material or selling avertising in association with that content. In addition, you must agree to abide by these rules:
• An article or editorial must be republished in its entirety. Bylines and credit lines ("By John Smith, The Galveston County Daily News, Staff Writer") must be retained. Photos and graphics must be reproduced as they were originally published in The Daily News print or web editions. Digital alteration of a photo is absolutely forbidden.
• The original date of publication of the material from the newspaper or site must accompany the article.
• This language must be added at the end of the article: "Copyright 2018 The Galveston County Daily News. Republished with permission of The Galveston County Daily News. No further republication or redistribution is permitted without the written consent of The Daily News."
• Permission will NOT be granted to republish an article as a promotion piece to solicit new business, for fund raising or as a lobbying tool. Permission may be granted, however, if reprints will be distributed as information to existing customers or to potential customers who have requested additional information about an organization.
• Political candidates and political organizations will be granted permission to republish editorials from The Daily News newspaper. It must be explicit that the material appeared as an editorial in The Daily News newspaper. Political candidates and political organizations will NOT be granted permission to republish news articles from the news sections of The Daily News newspaper.
• Up to 10 digital or print copies per page may be downloaded from the site for personal, non-commercial use, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices are kept intact.
The Associated Press
Use of Associated Press material is restricted according to the AP Terms and Conditions. By accessing any Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material ("AP Material") contained within the site, you specifically acknowledge and agree that (i) AP Material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication, or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium; (ii) no AP Material nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use.
The Daily News cannot grant reprint permission for material from The Associated Press, features syndicates and other sources. You must contact those agencies directly to obtain permission from them.