Kudos all the way around:
• To Galveston for being named one of three cities in Texas as a Bird City Texas;
• To the Galveston Island Nature Tourism Council and Julie Ann Brown for promoting Galveston and birding;
• To Sally Pachulski, now in Maine, birder extraordinaire and promoter of Galveston;
• To Daily News reporter Myer Lee for excellent reporting of the exciting news of our being a Bird City Texas;
• To Daily News photo editor Jennifer Reynolds for some extraordinary photos of Galveston’s birds; and
• To the many partners and advisers who made this honor possible.
Aren’t we fortunate to have such talented and caring people as part of our community? Thank you.