The strain of the coronavirus, COVID-19, like the other strains, is a "cold" type virus. Like the common cold, there's no way to eliminate the virus forever. It finds a host and in 1 percent of the cases dies with the host, and the remaining 99 percent get over it.
The sad part about the stock market slide, cancellation of venues, government-mandated restrictions on citizen's participation in their daily lives and the nuclear reaction of fear and negativity from the Democrat media and their directors in Washington is the mushroom of fallout that has created havoc and panic countrywide. The Democrats' goal is only to destroy Donald Trump, and they care little for those who fall in that path.
I don't recall such panic for all of the previous 18 coronaviruses, but I do continue to see the Democrat biased mainstream media use the virus existence to further erode our founders' visions establishing the greatest country in the world. The years of Trump's presidency have been good to the citizens of the USA. He has been the right man for the job for the times. I see ample reason to continue to have faith in his leadership despite the driven, Democrat agenda.