My wife and I have I have been married to each other for 59 years. We both came from a time that when if something was broke you didn’t throw it away — you fixed it. Just might be the secret to our long marriage. I’m guessing that we, my wife and I, might know a little about love.
A couple of wise sayings or ideas and then some fun love stuff. We tell young couples that marriage and love are like a garden. A garden requires daily attendance and care or it will go bad; so will your marriage. Love is different from like. Love, if true, is forever and generally allows one to overlook short-term unlike’s. Like, on the other hand, is day to day or hour to hour.
For example: I don’t like your looks this morning, but love lets me wait and expect you will look a lot better after you do your makeup. Or I don’t like your really bad smell, but love gives me hope you will bathe and smell better. As we get older, it seems to me that, we get more demanding; so much so that daily my wife tells me she loves me — but does not like me. Thank goodness for love cause I ain’t much on housekeeping and cooking.
I’m mostly just kidding and wasting my allotted 500 words to get to what I really want to write. I confess that none of the following is my work, but is something I saw and saved from the internet. The following are answers given by kids 4 to 8 years old when asked “what does love mean?”
1. Love is what makes you smile when you are tired.
2. Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, and then he wears it every day.
3. Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left her home alone all day.
4. Love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken. (Love this one).
5. If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend you hate. (Maybe ???)
6. Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.
7. Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together to talk. (Or something like that, know what I mean?)
8. When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.
9. You really shouldn’t say I love you unless you mean it. But if you mean it you should say it a lot. People forget.
10. My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.
11. When somebody loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.
Bet you forgot all your problems while reading that. Hope so.