DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan 14, 2022--
The "E. coli Water Testing Kit Market Forecast to 2028 - COVID-19 Impact and Global Analysis" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The E. coli water testing kit market is projected to reach US$ 305.23 million by 2028 from US$ 194.72 million in 2021; it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.6% from 2021 to 2028.
The market growth is attributed to factors such as the government initiatives to raise awareness about E. coli infections, and increased prevalence of antibiotic resistance. However, cost associated with E-coli water testing is restraining the market growth.
Escherichia coli is regarded as a representative indicator of antimicrobial resistance of Gram-negative bacteria. The World Health Organization (WHO) encourages national strategies and initiatives to promote the management of diarrhea and its complications and improve access to safe drinking water and sanitation in developing countries. Water test kits are handy in rural areas where industries may not have laboratory equipment for monitoring water quality.
Advanced portable kits for bacterial diagnostics; wastewater tests; multichemical tests for chlorine and lead are driving the consumer preference from traditional laboratory tests to portable water test kits. The National Health Policy 2017 identifies antibiotic resistance as one of the main reasons for the growth of bacteria such as E. coli and many others that harm the humans and other livestock, hence calling for effective measures to counteract it. Through initiatives such as the Fleming Fund, the UK is helping low-to-middle-income countries (LMICs) collect and share high-quality surveillance data on AMR and guiding them on the use and quality of antimicrobial agents for human and animal health worldwide so as to reduce the presence of E. coli.
There has been various proposed maximum acceptable concentration (MAC) for E. coli is consistent with drinking water as per the guidelines that have been established by different countries and international organizations. The World Health Organization (WHO), the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), the European Union, and the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council have hereby established a limit of zero E. coli per 100 mL. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Regions and the State and Tribal governments administer the regulatory program for public water systems under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) so as to measure contaminants in water samples. Thus, the government initiatives to build awareness is expected to boost E. coli water testing kit market growth.
COVID-19 has presented the most significant global health emergency till date. Lockdowns resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic caused people to delay undergoing water testing, thus affecting the number of tests being performed and sales of instruments, consumables, and reagents. The E. coli water testing kit market witnessed a shortfall at the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis due to disruption in supply chain and demand due to the lockdown announced by most of the countries. However, a resurgence in testing numbers is seen as countries gradually ease restrictions on movement.
Reasons to Buy
- Save and reduce time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the growth, size, leading players and segments in the E. coli Water Testing Kit market.
- Highlights key business priorities in order to assist companies to realign their business strategies.
- The key findings and recommendations highlight crucial progressive industry trends in the global E. coli Water Testing Kit market, thereby allowing players across the value chain to develop effective long-term strategies.
- Develop/modify business expansion plans by using substantial growth offering developed and emerging markets.
- Scrutinize in-depth global market trends and outlook coupled with the factors driving the market, as well as those hindering it.
- Enhance the decision-making process by understanding the strategies that underpin security interest with respect to client products, segmentation, pricing and distribution.
- Government Initiatives to Raise Awareness About E. Coli Infections
- Increased Prevalence of Antibiotic Resistance
- Cost Associated with E. Coli Water Testing
- Surging Water Pollution in Developing Countries
- The Rising Technological Advancements in Products
- IDEXX LABORATORIES, INC.
- TINTOMETER GMBH
- GENEMIS LABORATORIES, INC.
- NEOGEN Corporation
- AQUAGENX LLC
- BIOTOXICITY,COM (EBPI)
- Vermicon AG
- BIO-RAD LABORATORIES INC.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/r1mchg
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005273/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: NATURAL RESOURCES OTHER HEALTH HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL OTHER NATURAL RESOURCES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 01/14/2022 09:00 AM/DISC: 01/14/2022 09:02 AM