This is an occasional series on issues facing the evolving workforce in Galveston County.
Galveston employers say they can’t find enough people to hire, yet there are plenty of unemployed residents. The conundrum arises from a relia…
Wayne Scott, 42, a father of two, and recipient of a housing voucher from the Galveston Housing Authority, has gone through multiple certification and training programs to try to keep one. But since 2008, Scott said he’s held half a dozen jobs.
Shortly after his 17th birthday, Francisco López set off for the United States, leaving behind in his village in north-central Honduras his mo…
5 updates to this series since
- Former NFL star's son charged with stealing Super Bowl rings in Friendswood
- Killers tailed League City couple from Houston restaurant, police say
- 1 man dead, another charged after Bolivar Peninsula altercation
- Police don't suspect foul play in death of man found on beach
- Historic Galveston Sears building gets new owner; Yummy Yummy promises reopening in Texas City
- One killed, one arrested in shooting at bar in west Galveston County
- Motorcyclist in critical condition after crash on seawall in Galveston
- One killed in house fire on Bolivar Peninsula
- Considering a tattoo? Please think before you ink
- Hunt still on, reward offered, for Galveston supermarket muggers