The League City Volunteer Fire Department on Sunday honored the victims of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks with its annual 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb at Challenger Columbia Stadium in Webster.
League City firefighters, members of other area fire departments and community members walked 110 flights of bleachers, the same number of flights of stairs in the World Trade Center, to mark the 21st anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
— Leslie Plaza Johnson
As featured on
- Ben Raimer on ouster: 'This was a witch-hunt gone wrong'
- Galveston bicyclist killed by car after altercation, one charged with murder, police say
- Sheriff's Office searches for woman accused of fraud
- Developer buys rights to Balinese Room site; Katie's Seafood House rumors fly
- League City developer, wife demand answers after being jailed over fender bender
- League City police assert developer interfered with public duty
- Galvestonian transforms body with plans to die a reptile
- Officers seize 62 gaming machines in Hitchcock raid
- League City house raided for second time in 10 days
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing boater
- Crustacean celebration takes over downtown Galveston
- Paddle-out ceremony honors Ball High School student killed in crash
- Puppy lounge popular at travel summit
- League City goes green at Eco Fest and Arbor Day Celebration
- Memorial paddle-out honors teen killed in Sept. 2 crash
- League City firefighters remember 9/11 victims
- Competition heats up at annual firefighter games