Shrimp-lovers assembled along The Strand in Galveston on Saturday for the annual Galveston Island Shrimp Festival.
The event, hosted by Yaga’s Entertainment, featured numerous cook-off teams composed of both amateur and professional cooks, vendors and a fun run.
A portion of the event proceeds benefited the Justin Hughes Fund, the University of Texas Medical Branch and the Resource and Crisis Center of Galveston County.
— Stuart Villanueva
As featured on
- Galveston native to host dating reality show
- Bacliff man recounts encounter with 'something out there'
- Victim's relatives unhappy over killer's 40-year sentence
- Galveston teen accidently shot while handling firearm
- Galveston Park Board plans name change, rebranding campaign
- Hitchcock set for playoff football showdown with No. 1 state-ranked Franklin
- Liquor store near county line "total loss," fire chief said
- Crash investigation underway after Galveston restaurateur's death
- Galveston city council considers exporting homeless
- Kemah shooting victim was candidate to be sheriff's deputy