Alexandra Kontrimas tosses a can of spray paint up to fellow artist Gabriel Prusmack as the pair paint a large mural on the side of the old Galveston Ice and Cold Storage Co. building, 102-104 21st St. in downtown Galveston, on Thursday, April 16, 2020. The historic building, erected in 1910, is now home to lofts and office space. The mural, which depicts a pair of polar bears frolicking on a snowy landscape, has adorned the building for many years. The artists are restoring it.
- Galveston protest for black man killed by police remains peaceful
- Man killed in crash on Harborside Drive
- Former La Marque athlete remembered as ‘a natural,’ ‘ball of life'
- Galveston's Bronco Burritos faces total rebuilding after morning fire
- Man dead after shooting in La Marque late Tuesday
- Surprises continue in Galveston private beach saga, Tuesday Morning files Chapter 11
- Shops in Galveston face customer backlash over masking, distancing requests
- Buzz Blog: Fertitta returns federal funds, warns of commercial real estate bust
- As holiday weekend ended, shots rang out in Galveston
- Crystal Lagoon opens to Lago Mar residents