A 25-year-old man died Tuesday of electrocution while power-washing a house on Bolivar Peninsula, the Galveston County Sheriff’s Office said.
The accident happened about 6:20 p.m. in the 3800 Mackerel Way in Crystal Beach, Sheriff Henry Trochesset said.
The man was carrying a metal ladder when it came into contact with an overhead power line and electrocuted him, Trochesset said.
The man was working with his father at the time of the accident, Trochesset said. A resident attempted to perform CPR until first responders arrived, he said.
The man was taken to a University of Texas Medical Branch hospital in Galveston, where he was declared dead, Trochesset said.
The man’s name was not immediately released Wednesday morning.