The Santa Fe Independent School District board of trustees will have its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at 4133 Warpath in Santa Fe. For information, call 409-925-3526.
Odyssey Academy will have its “Lettuce Eat!” Food Market for the Community event from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, Dec. 17, Jan. 14 and Jan. 28 at 2412 61st St.
Registration must be completed the same day and time as distribution.
The Hitchcock Independent School District board of trustees will have a public meeting and regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at 7801 Neville in Hitchcock. For agenda, visit www.hitchcockisd.org or call 409-316-6545.
The Dickinson Independent School District’s Education Foundation will present “Gator Tales” at 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays via its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/DISDEDF. The reading initiative is aimed at fostering a love of reading among elementary students. If you’d like to participate as a guest reader, email Amanda Flannery, email@example.com.
College of the Mainland will have the following events:
• The theatre will present ”Peter and the Starcatcher” nightly at 8 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays through Nov. 24 at 1200 Amburn Road in Texas City; for information, visit www.com.edu/theatre;
• Instructor Art Exhibit Artist Reception from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday in its Lifelong Learning Center, 14057 Delany Road, in La Marque;
• Electric Guitar Trio Fall Concert at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the Fine Arts Room 117 on campus; admission is free;
• Vocal Arts will present “Essence of the Season” 7:30 p.m. Friday at Faith Lutheran Church, 800 FM 517 E., in Dickinson; and 7:30 p.m. Dec. 6 at Grace Episcopal Church, 1115 36th St., in Galveston; admission is free, call 409-933-8348; and
• COM will host its Native American Heritage Month event at noon Nov. 26 in its conference center, 1200 Amburn Road, in Texas City.
For information, visit www.com.edu or call 409-933-8438.
Cline Elementary School will have its Harvest for the Holidays food drive through Wednesday at 505 Briarmeadow.
The community is asked to drop off can goods at the front office.
For information, call Michelle Bowman, 281-482-1201.
Odyssey Academy is inviting families of its students to a Thanksgiving lunch during their child’s respective lunch times Friday at 2412 61st St.
Guests can take their own lunch or purchase a special Thanksgiving lunch for $5 at the school.
The lunch is open to families of PK3, first-, third-, fifth-, seventh-, and ninth-grade and 11th grade students.
For information, call 281-316-0001 or 409-750-9289.
Communities in Schools Galveston County will have its annual Hardship to Hope banquet from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Dec. 11 at the Events at The Tasting Room, 3616 Church St.
Jamal Tate, managing partner of Inspirational Insights Consulting Group, will be the keynote speaker.
Tickets are $40 per person, $400 for a table, and $1,000 for a scholarship table.
For tickets and information, call Connie Hebert, 409-539-9055.
The Friendswood Independent School District’s Education Foundation will have its 20th anniversary gala Feb. 8 at the Galveston Island Convention Center, 5600 Seawall Blvd.
“Flappers and Dappers” is the theme. For tickets and information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-996-6655.