Shamrock and roll: Whether it’s Irish heritage or March Madness, Friday promises to be a party to remember. (Just pace yourselves.) Galveston Island Brewing, 8423 Stewart Road in Galveston, opens the taps of its St. Patrick’s Day Shindig at 2 p.m., offering 18 varieties of foam; tunes by Dem Roots Music; a costume contest and Irish jig dance-off; and delectable bites from the Shepherd Mix Food Bar truck. Over at Lucky Lounge, 904 Ave. M on the island, fiddler Dave Thomas will supply the tunes while the bar handles corned beef and cabbage, green beer drink specials and eight screens of first-round NCAA action. Elsewhere, Sharky’s Tavern, 504 25th St., promises “the biggest celebration in G-Town” with five rockin’ hours of the John Barraza Project; and the Mojo Faction works it out at 3 Doors Down Bar, 102 20th St. Slainte!
Hot Ticket: Lago Mar concerts, St. Patrick's Day parties and drag brunch fundraiser all in works this weekend
- by CHRIS GRAY
Post a comment as anonymous
Watch this discussion. Stop watching this discussion.
Thank you for reading!
Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to read or post comments.
- Council abandons city-owned tract used by local business
- 15-year-old boy shot to death in Galveston, authorities said.
- Grieving father honors son through memorial fund
- One dead in early morning fire in Jamaica Beach
- Two accused of stealing medallion from war memorial
- Man dies while vacationing on cruise from Galveston
- Police vehicle running without emergency lights, siren before deadly crash, sheriff says
- Biz Buzz: Private airport, luxury development planned for peninsula; change in store for famous pink building
- Blood, guns, tubs of THC at homicide scene, witness says
- Media consultant sues Dickinson in Creekside records dispute
- Texas is on a fast track to right-wing totalitarianism (138)
- Guest commentary: Americans must awaken to fascist propaganda (62)
- Middleton bill aims to do away with state windstorm insurer (46)
- Guest commentary: School choice puts power in the hands of parents (42)
- Column omitted problems with school-choice vouchers (33)
- Social media has spawned a new class of media elites (32)
- Fentanyl crisis might send some League City police to the border (31)
- Mum Sen. Middleton serving neither voters, nor himself (29)
- Galveston park board must stop competing with private business (28)
- The right is mad as hell; but about what exactly? (28)
"concert goers are more than welcome to take a dip", I doubt that's happening tomorrow night. I might just fly the drone tomorrow night, see how many fans show up to this concert.
Welcome to the discussion.
Internet forum rules ...
Real names required. No pseudonyms or partial names allowed. Stand behind what you post.
Keep it clean. Don't use obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be truthful. Don’t knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be brief. Keep posts to 150 words or less.
Edit yourself. No more than two posts per thread and stay on topic. Do not link to sites outside galvnews.com.
Be aware. All posts are property of The Daily News and may be republished in print.
Be proactive. Use the "Report" link on each comment to let us know of rule violations.