What a difference a week makes.
No one knew the devastation that Hurricane Harvey would bring to Galveston County and the surrounding areas within our readership and beyond.
As the community news editor, part of my job is to keep you abreast of the ins/outs of what’s going on and what’s not going on. So, here’s a list of items that have either been rescheduled and/or canceled:
• The Galveston Symphony has canceled its concert, which was scheduled for Sunday at The Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston.
• The eighth annual BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival, which was set for this weekend, has been postponed. Check back here with updated information or visit brewmastersbeerfest.com or email email@example.com.
• The Houston Symphony’s “Ella at 100,” has also been canceled. The performances were scheduled for today through Sunday at Jones Hall of the Performing Arts, 615 Louisiana St., in Houston. For information on how to exchange your tickets for an upcoming show, visit www.houstonsymphony.org.
• The Galveston Arts Center also is postponing its August ArtWalk opening reception. The reception will now be from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Sept. 9 at 2127 Strand St. in Galveston. For information, visit www.galvestonartscenter.org or call 409-763-2403, Ext. 1003.
• And last but not least, the Texas City-La Marque Chamber of Commerce’s annual shrimp boil and dance will be at 6 p.m. Sept. 14 at the Doyle Convention Center, 2010 Fifth Ave. N., in Texas City. For tickets and information, visit www.tclmchamber.com or stop by its offices, 9702 Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, in Texas City.