Meet the finalists for the 2021 Citizen of the Year.
- By JOHN WAYNE FERGUSON The Daily News
“It’s been transformative. I’ve learned to be more patient, more thoughtful and more ruthless when I’ve had to be." — Daily News 2021 Citizen of the Year Dr. Philip Kaiser, on the year of the pandemic
- By MICHAEL A. SMITH
The late Dr. William M. Johnson, longtime garden columnist, receives The Daily News' Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Former NFL star's son charged with stealing Super Bowl rings in Friendswood
- Killers tailed League City couple from Houston restaurant, police say
- Police don't suspect foul play in death of man found on beach
- 1 man dead, another charged after Bolivar Peninsula altercation
- Man gets 40 years for failing to register as sex offender
- Historic Galveston Sears building gets new owner; Yummy Yummy promises reopening in Texas City
- Thousands protest, a few face board over tax values in Galveston County
- Three injured in crash on I-45 near Holland Road in Texas City
- Hunt still on, reward offered, for Galveston supermarket muggers
- Motorcyclist in critical condition after crash on seawall in Galveston