Meet the finalists for the 2020 Citizen of the Year. The winner was revealed in a livestream on Thursday, Aug. 20. You can rewatch the broadcast here.
Meet José Boix, a retired chemical/environmental engineer, who serves on several boards and committees, including the Texas City Historical Preservation Board; Fatima Education Foundation Board and Texas City Independent School District Foundation for the Future Board.
- Man charged in Galveston shooting; retaliation named as possible motive
- Update: Missing League City teen found and is safe, police say
- La Marque woman charged in stabbing death called it self-defense, police say
- Hitchcock man dies in wreck near train tracks
- Renovation on troubled Galveston apartment complex to begin this spring
- Galveston County laying riprap for seawall maintenance
- Man charged in attack on Galveston surf shop owner dies
- Hitchcock man killed in train track wreck identified
- Vaccine mandate for federal workers blocked by Galveston judge
- Galveston's West Isle Little League resists move to new Crockett fields