Details for Designer/writer The Galveston County Daily News, Texas’ oldest newspaper, is
The Galveston County Daily News, Texas’ oldest newspaper, is seeking an energetic and talented special publication designer/advertorial writer to join our Creative Services Department. The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce compelling designs and layouts for various publications and craft accurate and informative articles. This is a full-time regular position working out of our Galveston office.
Primary job duties include:
• Manage multiple projects to consistently meet deadlines and produce quality work that exceeds our design standards
• Perform quality control throughout the design process, including managing the print proofing process
• Write and design advertorial content that exceed the expectations of our clients
• Design marketing and sales collateral for the sales team
• Other duties as dictated by business needs
• Experience in page layout in Adobe InDesign a must
• Strong spelling and grammar skills a must along with knowledge of AP style
• Prior professional design experience with newspapers, magazines or other periodicals preferred
• Proficiency with Mac OS computers
• Bachelor's degree in communications, art or graphic design preferred
Qualified candidates should send a resume and design/writing samples to Melissa Rivera at firstname.lastname@example.org.