Water is the most important — and often most forgotten — nutrient needed for survival. A certain amount of water is essential to every cell in our bodies. Here are 6 health benefits of water:
• Regulate our body temperature through sweating (helps prevent over-heating)
• Assist in flushing out waste (mainly through urination)
• Act as a shock absorber for our brain, spinal cord and fetus
• Form saliva (essential for digestion)
• Lubricate our joints
• Transport carbs and proteins in our bloodstream (so that we can use this as energy)
Are you drinking enough water? How much is too much water? In the next post, you’ll learn 8 tips for proper hydration.
Register today for the 5th annual Daily News Press Run!