The Houston Roughnecks beat the LA Wildcats in the inaugural game of the new XFL in Houston on Saturday afternoon.
Media & Technology Director
Kevin joined The Daily News as a photojournalist in 2006. He has a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and a minor in Photography from Texas State University. He lives in League City with his wife Ashley, a wedding photographer.
As featured on
The XFL is never going to compare to the NFL in regards to quality of play, but it is banking on a set of rule innovations to create a unique and entertaining product. The changes are all intriguing, but Saturday was the true test to see if they would be as entertaining in practice as they were on paper.
- Galveston leaders must cancel Lone Star Rally now
- Galveston bar opens, prompting complaints, calls and lawsuits
- Explosion rocks Pelican Island tank farm, two injured
- Galveston vacation rental industry reports huge surge in demand
- Galveston bar owners say they'll defy state reopening limits
- Man dies by apparent suicide after League City standoff
- Texas City man charged in theft of $125 worth of frozen shrimp
- Man killed in San Leon beating identified
- Despite COVID-19, big crowds expected in Galveston for summer's start
- COVID-19 patient released from UTMB after 41 days