Despite the cancellation of official Mardi Gras Galveston celebrations this year because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Galveston residents kept the spirit alive with smaller celebrations across the city.
Decorated golf carts paraded along The Strand and cyclists got into the action with a seawall bicycle parade. The Evia neighborhood in Galveston also hosted a golf cart parade.
- Galveston County residents face shocking jumps in appraisal values
- Hell on wheels? Galveston council to consider wrangling growing herd of e-vehicles
- More climate extremes ahead for Galveston County, experts agree
- Galveston braces for expected influx of car club visitors
- Gator's bites into Dickinson; Thai eatery prepares Galveston opening; PetSuites breaks ground in League City
- Investigators seek shooter in death of 17-year-old at Jack Brooks Park in Hitchcock
- Despite not guilty verdict, former Galveston officer's case moves ahead
- We must rein in big tech with SB-12 before it's too late
- DEA report overstates cartel influence in Galveston County, locals say
- Former Galveston officer found not guilty of continuous family violence