Despite the cancellation of official Mardi Gras Galveston celebrations this year because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, Galveston residents kept the spirit alive with smaller celebrations across the city.
Decorated golf carts paraded along The Strand and cyclists got into the action with a seawall bicycle parade. The Evia neighborhood in Galveston also hosted a golf cart parade.
- Royal Caribbean sails ahead with $100M cruise terminal in Galveston
- Man accused of shooting up car carrying five children in League City
- Freeze damage closes longtime seawall apartment complex in Galveston
- Old Col. Bubbie's building gets major makeover; bin store concept prepares for opening; Fry's gets fried by consumer trends
- Galveston marshals up patrols, turn to courts in battle against code violations
- Island teen named 2021 Youth of the Year
- Men argued over woman before fatal Freddiesville shooting, police say
- Abbott: It's time to open Texas '100 percent'
- 911 pocket dial helps Santa Fe break up rooster fighting ring
- Galveston County opens COVID vaccine list to everyone