Galveston officially welcomed the summer season in with the annual Galveston Island Beach Revue.
The event, sponsored by the Galveston Historical Foundation, celebrates the island's past with a classic car show, jazz-era music and the cornerstone event, the Bathing Beauties Contest.
As featured on
Thirty bathing suite contestants and a crowd of thousands turned out to Beach Central to celebrate retro style and welcome the start of tourist season.
- Former NFL star's son charged with stealing Super Bowl rings in Friendswood
- Killers tailed League City couple from Houston restaurant, police say
- Dozens of bricks of drugs wash up on Galveston County beaches
- Considering a tattoo? Please think before you ink
- One killed, one arrested in shooting at bar in west Galveston County
- Soul food eatery in Galveston seeks new home; Tanger Outlets causes real buzz in Texas City
- 1 man dead, another charged after Bolivar Peninsula altercation
- Motorcyclist in critical condition after crash on seawall in Galveston
- One killed in house fire on Bolivar Peninsula
- Roaming peacocks ruffle feathers on Galveston's West End