TEXAS CITY – Galveston County fight fans will be treated to a seven-bout fight card with both boxing and mixed martial arts matches Saturday night at the Charles Doyle Convention Center.
The fight card, dubbed “Texas City Throwdown,” features two Galveston County locals, with Galveston’s Jeremy Hardy competing at heavyweight in one of the event’s featured bouts and Bobby Bradshaw of Texas City slated for a 125-pound fight.
According to promoter Lou Savarese, another big draw — literally — is 6-foot, 10-inch heavyweight Ruann Visser of Houston.
A native New Yorker, Savarese opened a boxing gym in Houston after retiring from his 18-year boxing career in 2007.
Because he began his professional career at Galveston’s Moody Center (scoring a fourth-round knockout to win his professional debut more than 25 years ago), Savarese said he especially enjoys holding events in the Bay Area.
Gates open at 6 p.m. with the first fight scheduled to begin at 7:30 p.m.
Ticket information is available at www.savaresepromotions.com.
1) Ramiro Huerta vs. Willie Miller (145 pounds)
2) Albert Robles vs. Aaron Anderson (152 pounds)
3) Jonathan Morales vs. Sidney Phillips (165 pounds)
4) Ruann Visser vs. Eric Lindsey (heavyweight)
5) Bobby Bradshaw vs. Angle Zamora (125 pounds)
6) Jeremy Hardy vs. Jamal Woods (heavyweight)
7) Husam Mohamad vs. Yonny Osuna (185 pounds)