Safety and hygiene during a storm
1. Buy your canned food at the beginning of hurricane season. Store shelves will empty very quickly if a storm is expected.
2. Many large trash bags are needed to use in toilets when flushing is not possible. Lift the toilet seat, open the bag and put the bag in the toilet with the sides draped over the toilet’s sides and put the seat down.
After using, lift the toilet seat, pull up the edges of the bag, tie it securely and carefully store. Dispose of the waste safely after the storm.
3. Large packs of toilet paper, Clorox and hydrogen peroxide are storm must-haves.
4. Use common sense. Be in a safe place and do not go outside in a storm.
5. Always take precautions for a tornado.