SANTA FE — A faulty electrical connection may have led to a fire that gutted a detached garage Saturday afternoon.

Santa Fe Fire and Rescue was called to the house on Scott Street near 8th Street on a report of a structure fire at about 3:30 p.m.

The fire was under control in less than an hour, Fire Chief Tommy Anderson said. High winds helped keep the flames away from the house, Anderson said.

Firefighters found a cage for a cat that had an electric blanket inside that may have been the ignition point of the fire, Anderson said.

No one was hurt in the blaze.

Locations

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.