The Galveston Lassie League will have spring softball registration from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Jan. 15 and Jan. 22 and from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Jan. 18 and Jan. 25 at 2506 83rd St. in Galveston. For information, visit http://www.eteamz.com/GalvestonLassieLeague or call 281-658-7573.
- The Kiwanis Club meets at 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at The Meridian Retirement Community, 2228 Seawall Blvd., in Galveston. Visit www.galvestonkiwanis.com.
- The Texas City Chapter of Taking Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Westhaven Church of Christ, 1515 29th St., in Texas City. Call Clara Scott, 409-948-2969 or 409-945-8137.
- The Line Dance Group meets at 10 a.m. Wednesdays in the auditorium at St. Patrick’s Church, 1010 35th St., in Galveston. No previous experience is needed. Classes are free. For information, call Janice Connard, 409-771-1105.
- The Golden Division of the Texas City-La Marque Chamber of Commerce will meet at 10 a.m. today at 9702 Emmett F. Lowry Expressway in Texas City. Ray Holbrooks will be the guest speaker. AMOCO Federal Credit Union will serve refreshments. For information, call Millie Hines, 409-965-0939.
- The Children’s Center Inc. will offer the free “Touch One, Teach One” community outreach sessions from noon to 1 p.m. today. Due to the nature of the clients served by TCCI, the location for each session will be provided at the time of RSVP. To RSVP, contact Clemmie White, firstname.lastname@example.org or 409-765-5212, Ext. 3002.
- The Dickinson Rotary Club will meet at noon Wednesdays at First United Methodist Church, 200 FM 517 W., in Dickinson. For information, contact Jeannie Thielmann, email@example.com or 281-229-6088.
- The Galveston Noon Optimists meet at noon Wednesdays at Fish Tales, 2501 Seawall Blvd., in Galveston. For information, call Carol Hodges, 409-740-3907, or visit www.optimistclubofgalveston.com.
- The Galveston Rotary Club will meet at noon Wednesdays at Fisherman’s Wharf, 2200 Harborside Drive, in Galveston. Call Harold Fattig, 409-938-8995.
- Blessings-n-Bargains Resale Shop will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Saturdays at 505 and 507 Sixth St. N. in Texas City. Household items, clothing, small appliances, and more are available. For information, call 409-771-9511.
- The Texas City Garden Club will meet at 2 p.m. today at Highlands Baptist Church, 2908 Cedar Drive, in La Marque. A program on Edible Landscapes will be presented. Visitors are welcome. For information, call Marinel Parks, 409-945-9020, or visit www.texascitygardenclub.org.
- The city of Galveston’s Parks and Recreation Dept. offers its free Family Fun Time activities weekdays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the McGuire-Dent Recreation and Fitness Center at Menard Park, 2222 28th St., in Galveston. For information, visit www.cityofgalveston.org.
- The Dickinson Chapter of Take Off Pounds Sensibly will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post No. 6378, 5204 state Highway 3, in Dickinson. Weigh-ins will start at 6:30 p.m. The first meeting is free. For information, call Diana Fee, 281-585-3470, or Brenda Traweek, 832-340-0461.
- The Galveston County Democrats Club will meet at 7 p.m. today in the Alamo Room of the Nessler Center, 2010 Fifth Ave. N., in Texas City. For information, call 409-763-6866.