From the archives of The Daily News for June 24:
- In 1914, the International Rotary Clubs nominated officers.
- In 1914, United States engineers left to conduct a deep water hearing at Freeport.
- In 1964, moon watchers in Galveston could see effects of a total lunar eclipse beginning about 6:15 p.m.
- In 1964, 41 Ball High School girls found their names on the list as new Tornettes posted at the school.
- In 1989, a feature article by Daily News reporter Scott Reeder won a first-place award in Texas Press Association newspaper competition. The feature, published in December 1988, was part of a series on Galveston’s homeless.
- In 1989, local triplets Bryan, Jaysen and Matthew Trevino were enrolled in preschool at Galveston Catholic School.