From the archives of The Daily News for April 13:
- In 1914, Alexander Gomez was slated to become justice of peace to succeed the late Justice Berry.
- In 1914, seven people were injured when an outgoing interurban car of the Galveston-Houston Railway ran through an open switch and struck a streetcar.
- In 1964, four brothers, all under the age of 13, had chalked up a total of 20 years on the job as newspaper salesmen.
- In 1964, the future of county drainage districts was the topic of a report by a La Marque chamber subcommittee.
- In 1989, the GISD school board voted to join a lawsuit opposing proposed windstorm insurance rate increases for properties behind the seawall.
- In 1989, demolition of the unfinished condominiums on East Beach, which was part of a development by the late J.R. McConnell was halted because clear ownership had not yet been established.