The Galveston County Fair & Rodeo in Hitchcock is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year. Here is a look back at some highlights of the past 75 years.
• There was a three-day show at Runge Park. E.C. Zaskle was the president.
April through May 1993
• Larry Hinze was the president.
• A new concession building was completed.
• Tejano Day was added on the last Sunday of the fair.
• Paul Smokey Burgess was the president.
• There were 433 exhibitors who showed 757 animals.
• The Galveston County Fair and Rodeo Inc filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection in the fall.
• Jerre Barron was the president.
• The fair was shortened by one day by eliminating the last Sunday.
• April 3, 1988, The Galveston Daily News announced they would print out a new special section for the upcoming fair.