It may seem a little early to begin the enrollment process, but communicating with our parents and community regarding every aspect of our district is critical to our student’s success.
The enrollment process is much more than official documents required by the district and state. This process enables the district to project how many students plan to show up on the first day of school. It also provides vital contact information for every student in La Marque ISD.
Here in La Marque ISD, our registration process has been refined to meet the schedules of all our parents. Students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at registration and should take all required documents. It is the parent’s responsibility to provide these documents. Registration requires all of the documents listed:
• Parent identification (driver’s license);
• Two proofs of residency (lease, deed, utility bill, etc.);
• Student’s birth certificate;
• Student’s immunization record;
• Student’s Social Security card;
• Report card and/or withdrawal papers from the previous school attended, if applicable;
• Complete custody papers, if applicable;
Early Childhood Learning Center,
La Marque Elementary and La Marque Intermediate
• 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 5-6;
• 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 7 and Aug. 14;
• 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 11-13;
• 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 25 (first day of school)
(All students who register on the first day of school will begin classes on Aug. 26)
La Marque Junior High
• 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 5 (seventh grade);
• 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 6 (eighth grade);
• 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 7 (open);
La Marque High School
• 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 8 (ninth grade);
• 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 11 (10th grade);
• 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 12 (11th grade);
• 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 13 (12th grade);
• 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 14 (make-up day);
It is important that parents not wait until the first day of school to register their children. This will help eliminate the first day rush. Excitement is abounding in the district as we make preparations for the 2014-15 school year.
Expectations are high for students and staff. We will make sure every day in LMISD is an engaging instructional day for our children.
Please contact Monica Clay, 409-938-4251, should you have any additional questions.