GALVESTON — The city council has a large list of items to get through at Thursday’s meeting, and it at times read like a greatest hits tour from the past few months of business at city hall.
The agenda includes:
• A resolution to support the creation of the Galveston Grand Prix, an auto race that a promotion company wants to run at Scholes International Airport.
• Accepting two gifts to fund the planting of trees along Broadway and in two city parks.
• Discussing the hiring process for the city secretary.
• Discussing a proposal from a company proposing to do seismic testing in the county.
Thursday will also be the first time that council members do not begin their day with a workshop meeting. Instead, they will begin their regular meeting at 10 a.m., and hear reports and discussions throughout.
The meeting will be on Thursday at 10 a.m. in the city council chambers at Galveston city hall, 823 Rosenburg.
Galveston Commission on the Arts
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 10 a.m.
Room 203, Galveston City Hall, 823 Rosenburg
Planning Commission Workshop
Room 204, Galveston City Hall, 823 Rosenburg
• The landmark commission will participate in this Land Development Regulations meeting. The topics scheduled to be discussed include historic preservation and nonconformities.