GALVESTON — The to-do list for city leaders’ is fairly light this week as the holiday approach.
• The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will meet today with no action items on their agenda. The board is expected to hear updates about IDC projects, FEMA projects, the city pool project recreation programs (12 p.m., McGuire-Dent Recreation Center, 2222 28th Street) Read the agenda.
• The Landmark Commission is hearing one piece of old business and one new thing. The former will be to consider alternations to a house 1709 Ave. L, including a porch enclosure as well as siding and window replacements. The latter with be about installing shutters on a house at 1601 Ave. K. (4 p.m., Galveston City Hall, 823 Rosenburg) Read the agenda.
• The Planning Commission will discuss and review the city’s disaster recovery plan during their early-afternoon workshop, which they will then vote to adopt at their meeting later in day. There is also a specific use permit and zoning amendment on the agenda. (Workshop: 1:30 p.m., City Council Chambers, 823 Rosenburg; Regular meeting: 3:30 p.m., City Council Chambers, 823 Rosenburg) Read to agenda.
• The Zoning Board of Adjustment, 3 p.m., City Council Chambers, 823 Rosenburg.
• The Galveston Independent School District’s Board of Trustees will consider the resignation of a board member and the spending of $250,000 for the purchase and refurbishment of school buses (6:30 p.m., Lovenburg Administration Building, 3904 Ave. T) Read to agenda.
• The Galveston Alliance of Island Neighborhoods, 5:30 p.m., Moody Mansion, 2618 Broadway.