Name: Vaun Henry
Occupation: Real Estate Agent
Campaign website or social media site: http://members.boardhost.com/bv2013/
Elected offices held (with years of service): Within the past 2 years I have served as Alderman, Mayor Pro Tem and Acting Mayor.
Q: Are you a legal resident of the district you are seeking to represent?
Ans: Yes 1131 Redfish My wife and I have been homeowners in Bayou Vista since 1994. And, this is our retirement home!
Q: Have you ever been charged or convicted of a felony crime? If you answer yes please explain.
Q: Have you ever sued a public entity or been sued by one? If you answer yes, please explain.
Q: Do you have any other debts (including unpaid taxes) to a public entity? If yes please explain.
Q: Will you have your home phone number listed in the phone book or your mobile number listed for the public to contact you directly?
Ans: Yes firstname.lastname@example.org 713-818-1737
Q: Why should voters choose you?
Ans: Within the past two years serving as Alderman, Mayor Pro Tem and now Acting Mayor, we have successfully completed, on schedule, Round 1 of the road work project; rebuilt the emergency fund, increased the emergency fund from $150k to $200k; purchased new, needed vehicles for the police department; and built the City financially stronger with no new taxes. I have the knowledge and willingness to work with the dozen governmental and private entities involved in the upcoming Round 2.2 road work project to get the best and the most roads completed for our city. It is critical that we maintain a working relationship with GLO and their engineering group, (candidate exceeded 110-word limit)
Q: What are your specific qualifications for the position?
Ans: Bachelor Degree in Business Administration Served 4 years in United States Coast Guard – Search and Rescue Within past 2 years served as City Alderman, Mayor Pro Tem and Acting Mayor Managerial experience in negotiations, managing a production staff of 145 employees, developed a sales territory to a record high of $22 million.
I am now enjoying satisfying clients in the purchase of their new homes.
Q: What are the issues in this campaign?
Ans: 1. Critical is the completion of Round 2.2 Road Work Project 2. Meeting the financial needs of the City
3. Maintaining a spirit of trust between the members of the Council and residents of the community.
4. Retaining our competent, friendly, hard working city employees.
Q: What is your platform on those issues?
Ans: 1. Manage Phase 2.2 Road Work Project vigilantly, in a spirit of trust and cooperation.
2. Seek additional revenue through grants and county resources in meeting needs of Bayou Vista.
3. Make decisions based on information, negotiations and collaboration, focusing on solutions that keep our community moving forward.
4. Treat every resident and their concerns with respect and serve these citizens with honor and integrity.
5. Conduct the city business in an open manner.
6. And, to allow our professional and friendly administrative, building inspection, and police offices to continue giving the same great service our citizens expect and deserve!