To be the first choice of clients by executing quality work through continuing education, training and teamwork.
Products that Perform
Aveda Scalp Remedy
This botanical therapy service is an intense detoxifier. It removes excess accumulated dead skin cells, product build-up and unclogs pores. Exfoliating with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid that helps controls excess sebum with avocado extract. Its cleansing system is derived from coconut ingredients. By removing all impurities off of the scalp it is ensuring a strong foundation for healthy hair to grow.
Franche’ Mineral Foundation
Franche’ treats and protects the skin and is formulated as a protective treatment cosmetic with an SPF 20. This foundation provides a physical mineral sunscreen from micronized zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. These pressed foundations help to repair damaged skin and protect skin from bacteria caused by free radicals. Mineral Pressed Foundation is available in 12 shades.
Training and Education
Natalie, Renee, Leslie, Denise, Kathy, and Erin attended the Armstrong McCall Fashion Focus Hair Show at Moody Gardens Convention Center. Classes attended were:
• The Johnny B Clipper Men’s Haircutting Class
• Wella’s Trend Vision and Unique Color Foiling Techniques presented by former staff member Julie Richardson
• Formal Styling techniques and demonstrations, hair trends, haircutting techniques staged by Lulu’s close industry associate, Luis Alvarez, team of AQUAGE
Furthering Client Commitment
The Salon’s focus to be the 1st choice of clients is driven by continuing education and education. Lulu, Keisha, Leslie and Kathy have signed up for classes to be given at the Image Expo in Houston. Shortly after the expo, they will be off to the Sahag dry cut technique class. In July Erin will travel to Las Vegas for two day intense studies at the AQUAGE Academy.
Practice Safe Sun
May is skin cancer awareness month. Aveda Sun Care System has the products for your hair.
• Treat chlorine and salt build up with their Hair and Body Cleanser… 8.5oz $21.00.
• For sun exposed hair try their After-Sun Hair Masque, 4.2 oz for $26.
• For UV damaged hair use the Protective Hair Veil, 3.4oz for $27.
For the rest of YOU, a quality sunscreen is a must. LuLu’s Solar Defender SPF 30, 4oz $28, .5oz $12, is a gentle - yet extremely effective - broad-spectrum sunscreen with:
• Micronized Zinc Oxide for protection from burning UVB and aging UVA rays
• Full SPF protection, this Z-Cote technology delivers instant UVA protection for all skin tones
• Goes on silky with a greaseless and invisible finish in seconds
• Water-resistant UVA/UVB protection with antioxidant vitamins C & E and Green Tea
• Compatible with any moisturizer or makeup.
A Little Bit of Lulu’s Too
The salon co-sponsored the Wolf Pack team for the Yaga’s wild game cook off. Lulu’s Renee put down her smock and donned her grandfather’s butcher’s apron and cutlery utensils as an added edge of intellectual properties for the competition.
Coming soon will be Beach Revue weekend. Lulu’s Megan, one of last years’ contestants, will be lending her artist eyes as a judge for this vintage-inspired Bathing Beauties swimwear pageant.
Now that we all have given our thanks, kisses and love to mom, put dad in your thoughts for Father’s day. Lulu’s has gift certificates where you choose the value and service packages where the staff will help you design the experience.