Doctor Cool & Professor Heat is enjoying their 34th year of providing comfort to the Galveston & Harris Counties. When Jim Barry started this family owned and operated business, his mission was simple; he wanted to provide amazing customer service to every client while offering quality and affordable service.
Doctor Cool & Professor Heat is very proud to see that all the hard work and dedication to excellence is paying of. The company has received numerous industry awards and recognition through out the years. Doctor Cool is the only air conditioning company to receive the BBB Award for Excellence 7 years in a row. The company has also received the award from the Trane Company for highest customer service for 7 years in a row as well.
When asked how they are keeping this high level of standards and excellence, the response was:
Training and more training. The technicians attend a one hour weekly in house training session that covers technical as well as customer service skills. Last year our service team attended over 150 hours of training to keep skills up to date with all of the changes to our industry. Doctor Cool teaches and empowers the team to do what is right for the customer every time.
Get to know some of the new and old faces that work hard to keep Doctor Cool & Professor Heat at the top of the service provided to the valued clients. These men were able to pass the high standards and testing to become team members of Doctor Cool & Professor Heat.
• Nationally Recognized
• 2010 Voted Top 3 Best Contractor
• 2009 Best Contractor To Work For
• 2010 Winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Pinnacle Award.
• Winner of the Better Business Bureau’s Award for Excellence over the last seven years.
• Received Trane’s highest average customer satisfaction score
• Houston Community College System, Bi-Lingual air conditioning advisory board 2003
• Lee College air conditioning department advisory board since 1995
• Brookhaven National Laboratory’s Thermal Distribution Technical Advisory Group for the U. S. Department of Energy “Improving the Efficiency of Duct Systems” Program
• Service Round Table
• TRANE Comfort Specialist dealer
• ASHRAE: American Society of Heating Refrigeration Air Conditioning Engineers
• ACCA: Air conditioning Contractors of America
• Member ACCA Mix Group: Management Information Exchange Group
• TACCA: Texas State Air Conditioning Contractors Association, board member 2001-2003
• ACCGH: Air Conditioning Contractors of Greater Houston, past treasurer board member
• RSES: Refrigeration Service Engineers Society
• IAQA: Indoor Air Quality Association
• Dickinson Rotary Club: Past President 2001-2002
• Builders Academy featured Air Conditioning instructor Certifications
• EPA Refrigerant Handling
• NATE: North American Training Excellence-Heat Pump-Air Conditioning- fossil fuel heating-electric heating-air side diagnostics. Only the best 5% can pass these tests
• CIE: Certified Indoor Environmentalist by IAQA (indoor air quality association)
• NBI: National Balancing Institute certified Diagnostics and air balancing, 5 technicians
• Certified in Refrigeration Thermodynamics diagnosis/5 technicians
• Carbon Monoxide Analyst: Nationally certified by National Comfort Institute
• Duct Blaster duct leakage testing and certifying
• Member of Air Conditioning Contractors of America Safety Committee
• Retrotech: Blower Door, “Infiltrometer,” Whole house diagnostics (house doctors)
• Current ACCA State Board Member 2013
• Angie’s List
• Check a Pro Joe Member
• ACCA Houston Past President 2010
Benefits of being a Cool Club Member
Join Doctor Cool & Professor Heat’s “Cool Club” Maintenance Agreement. Two Service visits are provided with the Cool Club, once in the Spring and again in the Fall. The benefits are:
• Lower utility bills
• Extending equipment life
• Fewer repairs
• Priority Customer
• Agreements are transferable
• No overtime charges
• $50 Renewal Credit Yearly
• We call to schedule
• 15% discount on repairs and replacing equipment
Doctor Cool & Professor Heat is an Independent Trane Dealer and is at 307 E. Walker in League City. Contact them by calling Adina Nolan, at 866-DOC-COOL or 281-338-8751 or visit their website at www.doctorcool.com.